“With God’s power working in us, God can do much, much more than
anything we can ask or imagine.”
– Ephesians 3:20 (NCV)
THE POINT OF THE LESSON:
Move against the very thing that is causing fear:
- Take action! Do the thing you fear the most.
- Let go of fear and leap out and look up.
- Fear causes you to go back, even if what was behind was worse or terrible.
- Courage is moving ahead in spite of fear.
- Stop talking about it and do something about it.
THE POWER OF GOD’S WORD:
One of the servants answered, “I have seen a son of Jesse of Bethlehem who knows how to play the lyre. He is a brave man and a warrior.
THE PRAYER FOR EACH CHILD:
Lord give the the courage to face my fears.
LESSON IN A WORD - Brave
WHAT SHOULD I SEE?
15Then the Lord said to Moses, “Why are you crying out to me? Tell the people to get moving! 16Pick up your staff and raise your hand over the sea. Divide the water so the Israelites can walk through the middle of the sea on dry ground. 17And I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians, and they will charge in after the Israelites. My great glory will be displayed through Pharaoh and his troops, his chariots, and his charioteers. 18When my glory is displayed through them, all Egypt will see my glory and know that I am the Lord!”
19Then the angel of God, who had been leading the people of Israel, moved to the rear of the camp. The pillar of cloud also moved from the front and stood behind them. 20The cloud settled between the Egyptian and Israelite camps. As darkness fell, the cloud turned to fire, lighting up the night. But the Egyptians and Israelites did not approach each other all night.
21Then Moses raised his hand over the sea, and the Lord opened up a path through the water with a strong east wind. The wind blew all that night, turning the seabed into dry with walls of water on each side!
land. 22So the people of Israel walked through the middle of the sea on dry ground, with walls of water on each side!
THINK ABOUT IT?
- The Israelites are so fearful, they plead to go back to the wilderness; at least it was a known entity in the face of the unknown. Have you ever experienced this?
- What are some of your fears that God is asking you to face now?
- What does it mean to be truly brave?
- Think about someone you personally know who has shown extraordinary courage. How has that person impacted you?